Friday, December 10, 2010

Semper Gumby (Always flexible)

So, I ended up having a late afternoon meeting which was not planned, but necessary. That meant by the time I got home, water aerobics (at 5:10) was not happening. So I found a plan B: total body sculpt at 7:15. I needed to do weights anyway since I am doing a weight class Saturday and I can go this afternoon and to the treadmill or elliptical or something.

I enjoyed the class but I used too much weight for the squats and lunges because it was bothering my back instead of working my legs. I talked to the teacher after & she said that was most likely it & to try lighter weights next time. It's depressing how quickly strength can be lost.

Oh well, I'm going now. And the beauty is that strength (for me at least) also comes relatively quickly - bless my good East German genes. No anabolic steroids required. :-)

Hope you have a nice weekend!

1 comment:

Vegan Epicurean said...

Bummer on losing some strength. As we get older it seems to disappear more quickly. I hate that. ;-)

Ali