Saturday, November 22, 2014

Happy holidays - let the family dysfunction commence!

My husband's brother invited us (me & hub) up to their place for Thanksgiving (several hours away).  Hub is going and I am staying here.  His mom is pressuring him to come back here after work (4hours) to pick her up and take her with him - even though she wasn't invited.

I'm sorry she has a shitty relationship with her children (whom she did not raise - they were raised by their grandparents), but she always puts the blame on my husband, even though he is the only one that does anything for her.

Let's just cancel Thanksgiving cause if she is here with us (the current plan) it's gonna be a real downer.

Ugh.  Family dysfunction - it's why god invented booze.  Just kidding.  Kind of. :-) 

Good workout - busy with food prep.  Just needed to vent!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Mom is taking your husband for granted. I used to have the same 'taken for granted' relationship with my parents. I was going through a divorce at the time, so seeing a counselor, who, upon hearing about it, said 'Gwen, when are you going to stop hitting your head against the wall that is your parents?" She gave me emotional permission to sever the relationship. Not easy, but I did. THAT, in turn, in time, allowed my parents to realize what they had lost, and why. I don't think my mom and I would have the great relationship now, if I hadn't done that 'tough love' with them. You hubby ought to tell you mom NO, once in a while, and explain WHY. Nothing will change, for the good, until he does.

Sorry for all you guys. :(