Thursday, November 20, 2014

Not the post I’d planned

This morning I had planned out a post by the well-known writer “Whiny McWhinerson”, regarding the scale.  Specifically, the complete lack of movement of said scale for the past 3 days.  This morning I found myself experiencing a certain amount of anxiety & frustration in spite of my self-talk that 3 days is NOT a plateau and there is no reason to second guess my behaviors, etc.

But you know, here’s the thing:  I got a great haircut Friday.  I love it!  Last night I went to the Y and swam laps for 30 minutes before water aerobics.  Today at work someone asked me if I was losing weight.  I feel good – good energy, good workouts, and of course the all-important good hair! Lol!  I feel like I am making improvement.

Shouldn’t those things count more than the scale?  I am tracking my food, making good choices, working out hard, getting good sleep.  I feel good about the things I am doing.  I don’t feel good about my weight.  But I guess all I can do is stay the course and ride this bit out, right?

Ugh!  I guess I am still a bit frustrated by the scale, but at the same time, very happy with the other things.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

It can be challenging to 'trust the process', when the scale doesn't cooperate. Keep the faith; you will be rewarded!