Sunday, November 30, 2014

Plans for December

Good morning and happy Sunday!

I am still letting that situation at work bother me.  I know I am giving it too much power, but I can't seem to let it go.  Don't you hate that?

This month I have lost 4 pounds.  That's not super impressive, but in a month when a lot of folks gain weight, it's not too bad either.  My goal was 5 pounds, so not too far off the mark.

My goal  of  tracking my food and exercise on Sparkpeople is going well.  Exercise has become an integral part of my life again. I'm exercising an average of 5 days a week.  So, the fundamentals are there for consistent, long term loss, not to mention increased fitness!

I have a new goal for the month of December and it's a simple one - NO beer.  I did that for October, and it went well.  November I let some creep back in.  And not to enjoy - in response to stress.  NOT GOOD!

This is a great time of year, but it's also a stressful one.  And I'm also still dealing with the uncertainty of work.  It would be easy to justify saying "Oh, be kind to yourself.  Indulge a little."  Uh, no. 

Deal with stresses head on, don't try to escape them.  Food will postpone stress, exercise is one way to alleviate it.  Even a good book or funny movie or show is preferable if you feel the need to "escape" the stress.  And you may find laughter robs it of some of its power.

Do take care of yourself - in a smart way.

Have a good day!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Sounds like a good plan, Neca. Congrats on the 4 lbs. lost, though!!