Holidays and Gratitude
A woeful lack of gratitude has been running rampant in our family lately. I am guilty certainly, but I’m not the only one.
You know, I was all stressed because hubby was home last week, waiting to get paid. Then I’m all stressed because he left to go work out of town, and I was left with a bunch of stuff to do to get ready for the holiday.
My son was griping about Christmas the other day – what he was (and wasn’t) getting, about not being able to do what he wanted all the time (who can do that, really?).
Our whole lack of gratitude it pissing me off. I wish we had more money. Well we don’t. But we have enough to pay our bills, have our family over for the holidays, and give each other a little something. I am taking action. Here at work they make a big deal over the local Fox network’s “Gifts for Kids” program. They collect gifts for kids in the local foster care system. Kids can request specific gifts. So, I went to the board and pulled off 3 gifts: Michael is 9 (same age as my son) and he wants a “Thomas the Train”, Justin is 12 and he wants pants (size 14/16), and Christopher Ryan is 4 and would like Hot Wheels. I figure my son can help me pick out the gifts. I have also signed us up to work at the warehouse on Saturday the 11th, sorting the toys and matching undesignated gifts to wish lists. Maybe that will improve both of our attitudes.
Maybe I will stop obsessing about my weight and food if I focus on the big picture instead of the scale.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment