Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Me Hunter Gatherer

I realized this morning how much time I spend planning, preparing, and consumig food. It's sad. Sunday afternoon is generally dedicated to prepping veggies, cooking a couple of meals, making the bread etc.

A typical morning would be this: Get up, brush teeth, go to kitchen. Feed dogs. Throw ingredients into the bread machine if we need more bread. Throw dinner into the crockpot if its not already prepared from Sunday (I use my crockpot at least once a week), pack lunches for everyone, pack my breakfast, dish up son's breakfast so he can heat it up when its time to eat. If its like today, I then throw on some jeans, comb my hair, & maybe dab on a little powder & eyeliner b/c I am running late!

When we get home it's prep dinner & unload dishwasher while son is doing homework. After dinner (if hubby is home) he will usually load the dishwasher while I walk. Unfortunately, he is going out of town again this week. But it's money, so I will stop my whining.

Yesterday was good on the health front:

Exercise: 3 mile walk, plus 30 minute walk at work, chest & back at the gym.

Food:
B: Kashi cereal with skim milk
S: 1 lowfat string cheese & baby carrots
L: leftover steak, 1/2 baked sweet potato, green beans, a fun size milky way (stolen from the boy's Halloween candy).
S: 1 lowfat string cheese and an apple
D: chicken casserole and sauteed zucchini
S: 2 yeast rolls (homemade, I had to make sure they tasted good. they did.)

No comments: