Beyond mere frustration
I have decided that my husband doesn’t want me to lose weight. Why do I think this? Here is a fairly typical scenario that plays out all too often in our house:
I have certain trigger foods. I cannot banish them from the house. I have tried, but my husband agrees to do so, but then brings them home anyway. (And sometimes I do too even if I’ve banished them).
Instead, I’ve asked that we bring home one evening’s portion if it’s coming into the house. So, if we want cheesy poops (for a hypothetical example), then we will buy 2 single serving bags, or one “grab bag” and split it. We agree we will not purchase a big bag, because everything that comes into the house will be gone by bed, regardless of the quantity.
Husband agrees, but then comes home with the “family size” of last night's heinous trigger food of doom (yet again). Oh yeah, I won’t argue – I’m the one that shoveled the excess into my pie hole. But I didn’t bring it into the house. I’ve sat there in tears begging him not to bring it into the house, and then he does anyway. Last night at 2 am, utterly furious, I told my husband that next time he brings more than one evening’s portion into the house at a time, I will dispose of it. I will not allow it to remain.
I hate that there are certain things over which I apparently have no control. But keeping them out of the house DOES work. I just can’t get my husband to do that. It makes me want to cry – or hit him with a 2 by 4.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like our house, same problem, my wife continues to bring home desserts that are hard to resist. I was hoping my wife would start her diet this summer, didn't work, I have a daily fight to avoid high calorie junk food. Why can't dieting be easier?
Post a Comment