Feeling Good
A little more positive today, despite the fact I seem to be coming down with a cold. I got home to a working toilet and clean bathroom yesterday. Hub is working today. I got up and walked this morning, even after I told myself I could sleep in if I wanted.
I recently ordered 3 meditation CDs from http://www.brainsync.com/. I highly recommend their discs – I ordered 1 guided meditation (which I have been listening to in the evening), 1 just music (put on going to bed), and 1 subliminal message disc (I have been using at work). Either due to my hormones leveling out, meditation, or whatever, I am feeling better. I don’t want to forget about the bad things in my life, but I am looking forward to the day when painful events are further toward the back of my brain.
Is anyone concerned about Thanksgiving? I’m pretty lucky – no one is going to push me to eat, and since I’m doing most of the cooking, I know the food will be basically healthy. I am hoping for good weather so we can take a nice walk around the neighborhood. The Y always had a class that morning, but my new gym is closed Thursday and Friday – the goobers. My MIL is going out of town this year (at least, I think so), which means a small, casual long weekend. I am looking forward to it very much.
I am also looking forward to this weekend. Boy’s tae kwon do test Saturday, hub is working that afternoon – I plan to putter around the house, tidying up a bit, but also chilling out, getting a haircut, and hitting the gym. Sunday is shopping and cooking, but there won’t be much prep work since I’ll be prepping again on Wednesday. So that’s nice.
Looks like we will be out of town 2 Saturdays in a row, then for a whole weekend. Gotta figure out when I’m going to make holiday gifts (soap, etc.). I am not doing any cross stitch ornaments this year I don’t think. I also have two quilt squares to make sometime. Need to make my list, check it twice, and start getting on some of that stuff. Thanksgiving weekend would be a good time to do that. I love laying all the homemade gifts out on the dining room table to be wrapped. It makes me feel good. I don’t give a lot of expensive gifts, most of our holiday budget goes for the boy, but we have such a good time making stuff together. One year he invited a friend over to make Christmas cookies – they had so much fun! I love stuff like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment