When did I stop noticing the roses?
I had a very profound conversation with my husband last night. What prompted it isn’t important to anyone but us, but what we had to say serves as a poignant reminder about the inherent frailty of humans and their relationships.
In a nutshell, we’ve both been so focused on our own worries and esteem issues, that we’ve somehow failed to support each other. Like two oxen, bound together pulling the cart, but somewhere the ropes came undone and we’re each in our own little world, trying to pull the load on our own.
Writing that makes me profoundly sad. We love each other and we both deserve better, but we’ve both been too tired, too hurt, too busy to notice, let alone put a stop to it. But we noticed. And we’re putting a stop to it. Even in a good marriage, a solid marriage, indifference can be the silent killer. I am thankful we noticed. I am thankful we know some things to do to turn this around now.
Today the scale read 152 – that’s down 2.5 pounds from last Friday. I plan to carry that into next Tuesday’s WW meeting.
Have a great weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
good job on the 2+lb loss. Excellent job on the conversation. My husband and I had that conversation about a year after #2 was born. I was depressed (didn't realize it at the time) and was wrapped up in myself and the kids. Didn't realize the rest of the world (more importantly my husband) existed. I hope things work out well for you too like the they did for us
Post a Comment