Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Starbucks Virgin Discovers New Vice!

Darn that HungryGirl! I got an email yesterday talking about the grande pumpkin spice frappacino light for less than 200 calories. So, while I was driving around yesterday looking for the store to pick up my mom’s birthday gift (I knew the road and general area, but hadn’t been over that way in a while) and I drove past a Starbuck’s, I stopped in… Oh my! Yum! And I don’t even like coffee! My only peeve? Why would you put whipped cream on top of a light drink? I didn’t know I had to specify “no whipped cream”, but I just scraped it off into the trash.

I went to WW yesterday – her scale had me down 1.8 pounds (153.2, compared with 152.5 last Friday before breakfast on the work scale. WW weighs before lunch). Not bad. I am counting my points like a good girl, and only used 1 Flex point yesterday. Exercise still sucks a$$ though, I won’t lie. Well, it would suck if it existed. Sigh. Tomorrow early I am hitting the gym!!! And hub is going to Bikram yoga. Must make time for myself! I am also going to a walk this afternoon. “Quitting is not an option” was the theme of our meeting yesterday. I needed that meeting.

I baked 2 pumpkins yesterday, so I have plenty of pumpkin to make a couple of extra pies for my mom to take with her to the nursing home. She is taking Thanksgiving dinner to my grandma & the husband of another lady over there. There are folks there that don’t have anyone to bring them Thanksgiving dinner. I can’t make a whole meal for all the residents, but I can make darn sure they & the staff have some homemade pumpkin pie made with fresh pumpkin from the local farmer’s market. Maybe I’ll pick up a few apples as well, and make my apple cranberry walnut pie too.

I have suckage in my life, just like we all do. A good chunk of my family is that special mean kind of dysfunctional and money is tighter than is comfortable. But I have many things to be thankful for. I can make these folks a few pies. I have a nice job where I can use some vacation to take some time off today and do some cooking.

2 comments:

Soul Searching said...

I'm completely nuts for the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks, but I didn't know they had a pumpkin spice frappacino! And under 200 calories?? I'm definitely going to have to try that!

Congrats on the loss, too!

floreta said...

I keep hearing about these pumpkin spice lattes which keeps making me want to go to a Starbucks.. I don't like how you have to specify no this or that either though. It's like you have to know what you're doing. :P