No thanks, I don’t care for any cheese with this whine.
Food & Exercise first:
Food was good yesterday, despite a cup of canned chicken & dumplings consumed immediately before bed. I came in right at 1500 calories for the day. I’m starting to count WW points today.
Exercise was good, although plans changed slightly. Walked 40 min in am & 30 at lunch. I didn’t go to the gym – I got a flu shot yesterday and my the afternoon I was feeling pretty ragged out. I got up and walked an hour this morning, I’ll do my usual walk at lunch, and I’m hitting the weight room while the boy is at tkd. While walking this morning, I made a point to really power up the hills to get my heart rate up. It’s a start.
Now for some whine:
I had a lousy evening. First, I got a call from my husband at work – the boy had called him wanting me to be sure & have a white button down & khakis ready so he could perform at a conference that evening at school. Excuse me? 1) His khakis are at his grandma’s (he goes to church over there) 2) He doesn’t own a white button down 3) We had no plans to go back to school 4) I assumed (correctly) that he had a bunch of homework. So when I picked him up (feeling lousy from the flu shot remember?) and told him no, he was really angry, which made me really angry.
We went by the grocery for a couple of items, went home & ate, then I tried to get the cat out from under the bed. It took me an hour of tries to get her out. Now that she is feeling better (a week since surgery) she is unhappy being locked up in the bathroom. I give her the run of my bedroom during the day, but put her back in the bathroom at night so the dogs can sleep in the room with me. Anyway…. I get her out & back into the bathroom, the dogs are fed, the kitchen is cleaned, and I am sitting down helping the boy with his homework, when I hear strange noises from the back of the house. My darling Butchie (aka “Curious George”) had knocked over the bedside lamp, rummaged around on the bed, and chewed the bed skirt – complete with holes and ripped fabric. I guess it smelled like cat.
I decided I need a bath. Only my bathroom is no longer a relaxing retreat – it is a stinky cat farm smelling place with a crunchy floor and a bitter cat who stares at me. I hate it. I wanted to cry so badly and couldn’t even relax enough to give myself that small release.
I wanted to call my husband, but I knew if I told him he would only feel worse and he hates being out of town. I didn’t want to burden him with my problems. As soon as the boy was in bed, I put on a relaxing CD and laid in the dark until I drifted off.
This morning, the boy tells me he needs a spiral bound notebook for spelling. Uh, thanks for all the notice, I always keep a couple of spares lying around…. Right. And I wrote his teacher a big long note with a bunch of questions about his state project, and after telling me he has no other info, whips out a packet that answers my questions. I let him live, and we were okay by the time I dropped him at school, but I was pretty ticked with him this morning.
I did call the hub this morning, but there was little comfort to be had there. Instead he wanted to gripe about how little sleep he had gotten since he’s not home. I’m afraid we didn’t help each other much.
As I got out of the car, I looked down. Instead of putting on my nice kitten heels slides when I got dressed, I put on my skanky leather house sandals since I had to haul the trash to the curb. Guess what shoes are on my feet right now????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Neca,
You are not alone. I do the skanky shoe thing weekly.
Post a Comment