Faux Milwaukee
The good:
1 hour of exercise per day has been achieved this week. I even made it to the gym and lifted weights. Proof that miracles happen in the modern age.
Weight popped up briefly last Friday, but today I was back to the 153.5 I saw in the doctor’s office. I had crept up to 157.5 – ouch! So, I do seem to be on a solid downward trend – huzzah!
I am down to 1 soda, not every day. So maybe 5 per week. This is a significant improvement over where I was. For my next trick, I plan to switch to decaf tea at home, since I drink it with supper.
Mom and I are looking at going in together on a pontoon boat. Woo hoo!
The bad:
After a wonderful night of sleep Wednesday, insomnia returned last night. I slept in this morning, again. :-( I have been making up the exercise time in the evenings, but I really enjoy exercising in the morning. And this insomnia thing stinks! I’m not sure what the deal is. I plan to add a half hour of meditation into my evening routine. Perhaps this will settle my mind.
My former boss’ boss decided that since I got a promotion I didn’t need a merit increase for last year, even though my end of year review was excellent. My boss tried to fight for me, to no avail. Angry and bitter, your table is now available.
The sad:
Beer and I have had to pretty much part ways in order for me to get this weight off. I, Neca, brewer since the age of 14, connoisseur of fine German beer, am reduced to drinking Old Milwaukee NA from a can. And the really pitiful thing is its starting to taste pretty good. Pity me!
The annoying:
My MIL. Maybe my insomnia is due to being dragged way farther into the train wreck that is her life than I would like. This is difficult to avoid when she is living with my mom, and staying on my sofa 3 nights a week to be at our house to work on her quilting.
The only reason I am letting her do that is that she is barely getting by on unemployment, and she needs to start saving so she can move out. Quilting is something she does extremely well, and she could earn some good money on the side. Hub and I are exploring the possibility of helping her purchase a small house – her credit is way too bad for her to possibly do it on her own. We are looking at a place this afternoon. The source of my insomnia perhaps????
In other MIL news, she got some lab results from the doc yesterday. Among other things, her cholesterol is 400. That is NOT a typo. If you saw the crap she eats you wouldn’t be surprised. That did at least prompt her to ask for help, so mom & I staged an intervention on her eating. We’ll see how long that lasts.
The unrelated:
While I like Riis and the CSC cyclists as individuals, I get a sense on arrogance. Perhaps it is merely confidence and I am misreading it through my T-mobile pink colored glasses. Americans seem to be kicking butt & taking names. “European” cycling my red, white, & blue butt! Looks to be a lot more exciting now that Lance is out of it. Yeah, I know, sacreligious.
Have a great weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Keep your head up, everyone has their Good, Bad, & and sometimes Ugly. I hope the house for your MIL works out.
Old Milwaukee from a can, good lordy, you need a German beer fix right now ;-) Hey you can come over and help me clean up my garden this weekend, I'll get the best German beer you ever had!
Hmmm - could be that the CSC reaction is similar to the reaction to USPS/Discovery on the other side of the pond?
CSC, while not hauling down the majors like the teams dedicated to them, provide some of the absolute best individual performances. Who can forget Basso last year at the TDF/Giro, and the redemption of Bobby Julich?
There may be a bit of arrogance, but it looks to be a great program for allowing former domestiques to have a chance to shine. Apples/Oranges depending on how you look at cycling, but I've got a soft spot for teams that let individual shine moreso than those dedicated to pushing a team leader.
Anyway -
The pontoon boat sounds absolutely great, BTW.
old Milawkee from a can. Ugh. Though my Aunt Kitty drank Piels from a can until she was 91. Maybe there's something about that. My dh is a huge German beer fan...me...just give Miller Lite (bottle) and i'm happy
Post a Comment