Fire up the barbie, we're having green beans for dinner!
The weekend went way too fast! As usual *smirk*.
I got in two very good weight routines last week - my legs are cursing me even as I sit here. "It hurts so good!" So, even thought I did 45 minutes less exercise than the week before, I think it worked out to be better overall since I have managed a return to the gym. Before we left for the gym yesterday, the hub and I were doing that old "Hans and Franz" schtick from SNL - we're such goobs. :-)
For the curious, here is the "circuit of doom" I created to pummel my legs into submission. I did each exercise and then moved on to the next one, doing the whole cicuit twice. Next week I'll try for three!
Squats, step ups (step from the floor onto a flat weight bench while holding dumbbells), leg press, abductor, adductor, calf raises, crunches, low back hyper extension, decline sit-ups, donkey kicks.
Food gets a B+ for the weekend. I had post dinner snacks Friday and Saturday, but my meals were very good all weekend. Saturday nigth the snacking got a bit out of control, and both times my snacks included beer. Not good!
I made an amazing ratatoille on the grill last night - my MIL probably ate more veggies at dinner last night than she generally eats in a week! That stuff was good! Tonight I am making the sloppy joes from the "Eating for Life" cookbook, and getting the hub to grill some fresh green beans. I know - kinda a weird combination.
Mom & I went and looked at boats Saturday. 1) Men that work in boat shops seem to think that 2 women aren't worth waiting on unless everyone else in the store has been helped. Hello, this ain't Korea people! 2) We will definitely be buying a used boat. Whoa!
Looked at a house Friday. Uh, no!
Hub walked for 45 minutes with me Saturday morning. And went to the gym yesterday with me. And walked this morning! (We didn't walk together - I left the house before he had even managed to sit up. He's not a quick riser!). I'm not saying anything, but yay! He went to a christening Saturday and went to put on a pair of jeans and they were too tight! I suspect that was a rude awakening.
Have a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yeah, airplanes and boats should be rented or bought used. Let someone else enjoy the new boat smell (which way too quickly gives way to lake smell).
Wow - small world. A friend just really recommended "Eating for life" to me this weekend. Looking forward to see how it works out for you.
If you buy a rowboat you could get in some great training opportunities ;-)
Ummm, can you tell we don't have too many larger bodies of water around here...
Post a Comment