Feeling Groovy
I generally loathe music from the Simon & Garfunkel era (I think my subconscious relates it to my parents’ miserable marriage), but that song captures how I’m feeling today. Optimistic.
That in spite of a few things: In the past 3 days, my MIL’s dog has taken a dump in my bedroom three times! When I told hub about last evening’s little present (complete with some urine for him to stream clean up), he went postal. Over the cell phone, I heard him stop for a chocolate shake & fries and then he let me know he wanted to go out because he wanted buffalo wings and beer for dinner. Eeks! I tried to talk him out of it, to no avail. He had 12 wings and a beer for dinner. I had half a breadstick, 1 wing, and a child’s order of spaghetti with meat sauce. Not the best meal perhaps, but not terrible.
In the ongoing drama that is my MIL’s life, she got pulled by a state trooper yesterday – her car inspection, registration, AND license were all expired. He must’ve been a big softie, he wrote her a warning with the promise that she would fix it all that day (which she did).
Oh, and we’re back to winter mode here, with temps below average!
But ya know what? I ate pretty well yesterday in the face of stress. I did a killer upper body workout at the gym. I got up and walked this morning. My navy pants don’t fit yet, but my second pair of jeans do. I’m getting back to where I was – and then I’m gonna blow by it!
Yesterday’s workout was another “circuit of pain”. I did this first circuit twice through: cable row, cable lat pulldown, cable bicep curl, cable tricep pressdown, cybex machine shoulder press. Then I did once through this dumbbell circuit: db row, db incline press, bicep curl, did dips between benches, with 50 pounds on my lap, and then front and side raises for the shoulders. The thing I love about circuits is you can move from exercise to exercise quickly, maximizing your workout time. Felt great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment