Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The greatest thing

Yesterday I asked my husband to drive me to the Y to work out. My goal was to do 60 minutes on the elliptical and burn 600 calories. (I know those things aren't super accurate, but they at least give me an idea of how much I've worked.)

Anyway, you know what the greatest thing about that workout was? The fact that I finished it. Because the truth is that despite a new cardio coach, I really didn't want to finish. But I listened to the message (he is very encouraging) and finished the workout. After that I cooled off with a tepid shower, then relaxed in the hot tub & sauna, then took an actual wash shower. I got home feeling exhausted but proud of my accomplishment.

Right now I'm at home. There's a lot of ice on the road so my plan is to work from home a little while then head into the office in a half hour or so. I did a kettlebell workout first thing this morning. I think we'll probably have yoga at work today and I'll stay & do a few weights & cardio afterward.

Mom is packing up & heading home this afternoon. It's been fun, but it will be nice to have a less full house again. The boy has no school again today. Luckily, when I planned our vacation up north I booked the hotels on the assumption that they would need all the days tagged on to the end of the year in the event of snow.

Hope you have a good day!

No comments: