Hoo boy.
The first 7-10 days after we got the news about the relocation, I guess the best description of how I was would be 'shell shocked.' I was largely numb to my feelings. Well, I'm beginning to feel my feelings again which is both a good and a bad thing. I feel excited about this opportunity, I feel horribly sad about leaving.
My house continues to be a disaster. Hardwood is finished in the living room, halfway done in the entryway, and just started in the kitchen. Because all the rooms flow together (plus the living room being sunken), transitioning from one room to the next and keeping the look "seamless" is difficult. My kitchen has been offline since Saturday afternoon. Thankfully, my mom is bringing over dinner tonight.
The bathroom is in a holding pattern. The floor is prepped for the tile, that has been laid out but not stuck down (does that make sense?). So that room remains empty until ???. Hub shouldn't have touched it but he did, so here we are. I'm not going to give him a hard time about it, he's doing his best. But the hardy board is laid, the pattern is set, and the walls are prepped to be repainted - so actually a good bit has been done, it just doesn't look that way!
As far as the rest of the house - I made good progress this weekend. We have 8 large book shelves: 1 with movies, 1 with CDs, the rest with books. All of those are packed up. We took a couple of loads of stuff to the storage unit. I emptied 2 of my chests of drawers. I've gone through most of my clothes and donated, or packed up for storage.
One of the guys is coming over this afternoon and he and the boy are going to take a load of furniture & stuff over to storage, then load up some of the trash so hub can take it to the dump tomorrow.
I have given away 2 carloads of stuff to Goodwhill and have a huge bag of clothes in the backseat now. Having lived in that house for 12 years, we've accumulated a lot of stuff. So a good decluttering is a good thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment