Monday, January 10, 2011

Waiting

The snow/ice is supposed to start for us around mid-afternoon. My mom packed up herself and her pack of Lilliputian puppies last night & came on over. Her neighborhood is very heavily wooded and because it's older the power lines are all above ground - meaning when we get bad weather she frequently loses power. Since they are calling for ice, she figured it would be safer to come on over. (Our lines are all buried and we rarely lose power.)

After I finished my cooking yesterday I was pooped and opted to watch football and work on a puzzle rather than take down Christmas. Oh well, I'll have time to work on that once we get snowed in!

It was a nice weekend - hub was out of town Saturday (playing D&D, which he does one Saturday per month). The boy and I spent Saturday night watching "Major Payne" and working on a puzzle - a pic of Mt. Rushmore. He selected it not realizing it's a 750 piece puzzle, so it's taking a while!

Hub is quite put out with his mom (I am too). Last week she called him up & asked him to go to the store for her to buy a thing of milk. This woman was getting along just fine before she found out she had emphysema - now she's acting like an invalid. She told my mom she wasn't supposed to drive, even though the first thing she told my mom after she got out of her dr appt was that the dr. said she could drive. When mom reminded her of that she said "Oh, I guess I forgot." I call bs.

Two things hub's grandparents told him about his mother: 1. You can't believe a single word out of her mouth, about anything. 2. She will never stand on her own 2 feet. It is true, and she is using this diagnosis as a way to get attention and get people to do stuff for her. What a miserable existence hers must be. I do feel sorry for her, but she does make me angry.

Oh well. I was very happy to see Green Bay win yesterday! I am glad I can work from home so that I won't need to use vacation for the time I can't get in to the office. While I can't do everything, I have plenty to keep me busy for a couple of days!

I hope you stay warm & safe, whereever you are!

No comments: