Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Whole 30, Day 10 "Just super, thanks for asking"
(Today's blog title is a song lyric. I guess I haven't mentioned it in a while. Physically, I am doing quite well if not totally super.)
My husband sent me this picture. She looks so precious asleep, doesn't she? But Jordan is 19 pounds of jack russell terrierist mixed with? Tasmanian devil? Energizer bunny? The shelter said she was mixed with chihuahua, which is possible - she's very small for a russell, and has a bit of a chihuahua look in the face.
I love her very much. She's the kind of dog that is a total scamp, but loves her person with a passion. She loves life and forces you to love it with her. She makes me laugh, smile, and throw my hands up in the air when she breaks the world speed record for toy destruction. I miss my family, furry family included.
Since I had a doctor appointment this morning, I made myself a leisurely breakfast at home. Woo hoo!
B: 2 eggs with avocado and 2 slices of bacon, coffee with almond milk
L: leftover sauteed chicken sausage and cabbage
S: 16 almonds
D: salmon, sweet potato. broccoli
I'm not a big egg fan, but avocado makes everything taste better! I buy the nitrate free uncured bacon. I confess, I can't say I like it quite as well as the unhealthy stuff, but it is good. Bacon is a special treat around this place, but I prefer my food without the cancer agents, thanks very much!
I'm not doing a lot of cooking since I share a kitchen, so food is getting a bit dull. I need some inspiration for no fuss meals!
So, the seminar last night. It was interesting. The presenter wasn't the greatest (he seemed a little awkward), but he clearly knew his topic well and presented the material pretty well. He spent a lot of time talking about studies which showed the mental and physical benefits of meditation. He talked about HOW to meditate, and led us through two 5 minute meditation sessions. We also received a packet of materials on meditation.
I have a CD of guided meditation, but this method (the Jyoti meditation) is based on being quiet and focusing on your "third eye" or "inner light". I may experiment with both. Can't hurt, will probably help, right?
On the doctor visit: Why didn't I find this lady 3 years ago!?! I really like her, but sadly I won't be here much longer! I am going back to an actual physical in 3 weeks, today was just a new patient intake visit. She did write me a prescription for Lexapro to help with anxiety. So we'll see what happens. She asked me to get my labs done and have the nurse at work check my bp a couple time a week and bring that in. She said the machines can be inaccurate so she'd like some good readings. She also seemed pretty confident that losing a few pounds and handling my anxiety would probably normalize my bp - so that made me feel good.
Okay, off to watch ice skating!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Jordan is a cutie/beautiful! And I'm so glad you are feeling better, physically! Sounds like you found a great doctor...sorry you can't keep her!
Post a Comment