Thursday, February 13, 2014
Whole 30, day 4
Except for the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, this picture of a car bursting into flames on a messy road in Raleigh is real. I have friends who were stuck for hours. No one expected ice, or so very fast. Kinda glad I'm in Florida right now.
AM: 1 mile walk
Breakfast: greek meatloaf with tomatoes
Lunch: baked chicken chopped up in a big veggie salad with guacamole for the dressing.
Snack: 12 almonds and strawberries, then 1/4 cup pistachios when I got home
Dinner: baked salmon, roasted broccoli, sweet potato and mixed fruit
T25: Today was the abs workout, which included a few "sprints" in between, just to keep the suffer level high. I was seriously tasting those raw peppers in my lunch salad! Ugh.
Tomorrow is Valentine's day. My husband is hundreds of miles away, so I don't plan to do anything special. I am considering stopping and buying myself a steak, but I would have to do it in a frying pan since I don't have a grill. Undecided. I have nothing scheduled for dinner tomorrow except the crock pot leftovers that I didn't enjoy when I had them for lunch. Which sounds a little too masochistic to eat for dinner on Valentine's day when I'm alone. Maybe a nice meal I prepare for myself with care will allow me to avoid any potential pity party.
Saw this and had to laugh, but thankfully this hasn't been me on my Whole 30 - at least so far! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Sounds like a good idea to be kind to yourself and prepare something nice and have a relaxing evening. It's a good way to relieve the stress of being apart. Good luck with the Whole30 :)
does your oven not have a broiler section? you could do your steak in that. Or, order steak to go from a restaurant...just order plenty in advance. Sorry you will be alone.
You are doing good!!
Post a Comment