Last night I caved and ate the 2 slices of havarti cheese that were left in my fridge. (I cannot throw food out. Just can't). I convinced myself that since other low carb/non processed diets permit cheese, it was okay. So I ate the chesse and added it to the grocery list!
No it isn't okay, because THIS diet doesn't permit cheese.
This morning I removed the cheese from the grocery list, gave thanks that there is no more in house, and decided that instead of abandoning my Whole 30 I would see what lessons I could take away.
1. You know that whole thing about milk producing mucus? Well, I woke up this morning with a stuffed up, slightly runny nose. From 2 slices of cheese. Not saying I'll never eat it again, but I'm clearly pretty sensitive to milk products! Interesting.
2. If you look at my food, you will notice zero starchy vegetables. That may be contributing to my evening hunger (yes, I was genuinely hungry, not just bored). I may need to add in sweet potatoes or squashes to make my dinner more satisfying. They are allowed, so adding them in is preferable to being hungry and making poor choices.
I was a little sleepy when I woke up this morning and got ready for my walk with only one eye open at a time, but I feel a little more energetic (at least so far) and zero headache, so that's good.
I'll be back later in the day with food & exercise.
Have a good day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Well, you felt better this morning for one of two completely different reasons:
1. you ate off-plan/fed a physical addiction, and your body is happier.
2. you are getting further away from grains, and your body thanks you.
I hope it was #2. :)
I haven't tried to go off cheese, yet. Not sure if I ever will. Only because I don't seem to have any of the typical dairy symptoms. If I did, I most certainly would try not ingesting dairy for a while to see.
Hang in there, and good for you for removing that cheese from your grocery list!
Post a Comment