Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Snow day!

Yep, working in my fleecies! :-)


I am working and listening to a documentary on guys competing for Mr. Olympia.  It's pretty good. Doing a workout video before lunch. Not my favorite thing to do.  Honestly, I'm not sure if the benefit isn't more mental than physical, but movement is movement.

My son is heading back to Wilmington tomorrow.  They have a lot to do as far as moving his grandpa's boat, his trailer & little boat, then his houseboat.

We may get more snow/stuff tomorrow, and they are saying we may get more this weekend.  Mom and I were planning to go to Georgia this weekend, but she is thinking we may need to cancel.  We'll see.

I am very thankful for this day or so at home, even if I am working.  Stuff down at the beach is VERY stressful.  I don't want to go into too many details, but there was a very bad fight between my stepbrother and everyone else (my son, his grandpa & grandpa's wife).  It was very ugly.  The boy was counting on his uncle to help him move stuff and now that isn't an option.

I definitely got off track.  I'm doing MUCH better, still not where I want to be, but much, much better.

Even though I am right here by the fridge, the mental break outweighs that.  I don't feel particularly tempted by the proximity of food.  Right now wanting to feel good, to feel the way I do when I'm exercising & sleeping well & eating right FAR outweighs the taste of anything that might be in the fridge.

Take care & have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Ak said...

I love snow days! I know what you mean about the mental vs physical benefit of exercise.... But either way, it makes you feel good and that's what's important.

neca said...

Absolutely! A walking video at home, done with "help" from a couple of dogs may not be the most intense exercise, but it's movement! :-)