Yesterday I met a girlfriend for lunch, then drove to Durham for a cookout with friends. It was a satisfyingly social day. Today is Cinderella duties.
I'm excited about our trip, feel more confident in my financial security as a result of the signed separation agreement, but I still feel .. wow.
Years of trying so hard to keep my marriage together, and putting up with so much crap, and doing so much for that guy. And then he shows up to the signing with a toddler seat in the back of his car. Yeah, unfaithful much? What a jerk.
So, what's next? I had envisioned buying a house and then renovating it just the way we wanted it (the perks of being married to a contractor). Now? Hell, I have no idea.
It's hard to get excited about putting one foot in front of the other when you have no idea where you are going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You'll figure it out. One day at a time.
Alissa is right. You'll figure it out. Give yourself the gift of time to get there. :)
I know you are both right. Just a bit grumpy about it right now!
Yep..take some time to yourself for a little while. And then, you can dream BIG for yourself!
As the others have said ... you will figure it out. I do think it best to take one day at a time and don't worry if you get grumpy some days, it's ok.
Take a deep breath and onwards you go
All the best Jan
Post a Comment