A couple of days ago, Katie over at Runs for Cookies wrote
this:
"During a binge, I felt okay because I just didn't care
about anything in that moment. Afterward, however, I felt so much self-hatred
for it. There was never a part about binge eating that actually made me HAPPY.
It either numbed me or made me hate myself."
I have binged the past 2 days - for the first time in
months. Cheese of course. I'm not sure why. I find this to be a troubling
development that requires some serious reflection.
I'm okay, but concerned.
Take care.

1 comment:
I'm glad you are ID-ing the binge and looking at the root cause. I hear you.
Getting back onto my abstaining food template (my triggers are all grains, all nuts, most sugars, stress, and illness) and poor sleep) helped me to look back at why I wanted to soothe or numb out with food.
Then next time, I could pick up a binge urge before eating, then deal with the feelings (none of them were life ending, many were painful) I could feel my feelings- work a step, call a friend, walk outside, go to bed, eat on food template items and live another meal.
Take care and I know how absolutely painful and hard it is. Even in remission the work to not cycle back into food binge eating is substantial. However the work to stay in the binge cycle was also not pleasant.
I feel for you. I do. Onward.
Post a Comment