Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Tday minus 1

Remarrying means melding family traditions into a way that works. We've both made some changes in how we celebrate the holidays compared to before we were together. For Thanksgiving, it has been simpler to simply let go of "my" family celebrating it in any way that looks traditional.

If I were to make the meal the way I've done in years past, I wouldn't have time to go to T's family holiday. And why? We have essentially the same meal at Christmas, my son won't be here, so why do all that work for just mom and ex-MIL?

Tomorrow morning I will get up and make the pumpkin pie (T is making apple) - that's what were bringing to the potluck. Easy, not a bunch of work, no leftovers. Then we'll watch football and I'll work on some of my sewing.

I had an adorable fabric I intended to use to make throw pillows for mom and Jan for their birthdays, but now I've misplaced the fabric so I am going to make little dog kerchiefs for them both instead. Here is one from Amazon very similar:



I am making a set for my grandpuppies as well, so pretty much dog scarves for everyone! Huzzah! Lol

Anyway, since their birthdays are both the week after Thanksgiving, they are coming over Saturday and we are celebrating that instead. And we'll decorate for Christmas. I have a strict "no Christmas until after Thanksgiving" rule, but I do love to start decorating the weekend after T-day.

I am in the office today - I came in for an afternoon meeting that was cancelled. BUT I'M NOT BITTER. Ahem.

Anyway, if I don't post tomorrow, have a lovely holiday.

Take care.

No comments: