Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Tuesday randomness

Happy Tuesday!


My friend may be getting out of the hospital today!  Long story short: there is an outbreak of hand, foot & mouth (which is a virus) in her area.  A couple of the kids picked it up, she got it, and they think it seriously kicked her butt. That plus dehydration plus the NSAIDs which triggered an ulcer. Doctors are hoping that re hydration plus food plus treating the touch of pneumonia she's picked up will do the trick.

My ex MIL has been really sick and FINALLY got in to see the doctor this morning.  She has diverticulitis. Mom went with her to the doctor because she knew J wouldn't wear her hearing aid (she didn't) and that she probably wouldn't remember/ follow what the doctor said. They sent her home with antibiotics and she is going back next week.

I am doing okay. I went to the gym today and did 120 kettlebell swings plus the Fusion Foundation class. Turns out by "fusion" they mean yoga & Pilates. Only there were no Pilates.  Oh well, I moved around!!

I know I've written about our dog Susie and her destructive ways. She gets bored when no one is home. We are doing walks every evening and car rides.  I think I am going to start getting up and walking her in the morning as well. Obedience classes start tonight.  Wish us luck!


(She looks so innocent doesn't she???)

And I thought I would share this website I found: Fifty Fierce  I haven't read too much but so far I am enjoying it.

Okay, I hope you have a great day!!

2 comments:

Rose S. said...

Love your pup! She is so cute! Hope the classes help her out, but yes, she does look innocent! lol

I had a virus that attacked my breast with a rash and from there it attacked my inner ear ! For 3 months I laid in bed dizzier than anything and no one knew what was wrong. One day hubs brought me to a specialist and he said.. you have Labrithtitis!
A very bad virus that attacks the oddest places before settling in to the inner ear!

I hope your friend is on the mend soon! Especially with kids.

take care,
Rose

neca said...

Oh my gosh - I am SO glad a doctor was able to figure out what was going on!! She is on the mend and going home today. Thanks for dropping by!