Tuesday, November 07, 2017

"There are plenty of difficult obstacles in your path. Don't allow yourself to become one of them." - Ralph Marston


Good morning.

Yesterday when I got to the gym, 2 of the 3 ellipticals were in use. I decided to do a workout video instead. (I don't like working out right next to someone, weird, I know.)  I did the 20 minute basic kettlebell video - there weren't a lot of kettlbell moves in it, but it was enough a good basic workout. Add to that two 12 minute walk breaks and then we walked the dogs in the evening (maybe 10 minutes?). That adds up to about 55 minutes of intentional exercise - not too shabby!

Last night I used a leftover baked potato skin to make loaded baked potato skins - a little cheese, some bacon bits, green onions, and less than a tablespoon of light sour cream. I had those and 1 beer while watching football.  Dinner was the tamale casserole with roasted zucchini.

Breakfast today was 1/4 of a chorizo link, 1 egg, and 1/2 a whole grain wrap.  (Breakfast was 165 calories - too small, so I added 12 almonds when I got to work). Here is what I've packed for the day:




A cup of chili, a big salad, 2 apples, a boiled egg, and some dressing. I used 1 T of store bought kalamata olive dressing which I stretched by adding juice off the pepperoncinis. Not pictured are the 12 almonds (I keep a small bag in my desk and portion them out).

Dinner tonight is Korean tacos with kim chi slaw. Basically marinated beef with kim chi slaw. It's a really yummy recipe - I'm looking forward to it!

Take care.



No comments: