Saturday, November 18, 2017

Depression is hard

No, not mine. I'm not depressed, occasionally mildly stressed but that's about it. T has always struggled with depression, and being unemployed is difficult enough without that. Sometimes it makes him not the nicest person to be around. And sometimes I get frustrated (like today). For example, he's been talking about working in the yard for a couple of months, including today. But when I pressed him about it he got all pissy.  But he's out doing some of it, and it looks much nicer, and weather wise it's a good day to get out and get some fresh air. I know he will feel better for having made progress, but sometimes pushing him is a pain.

Thanks for the good words Karen. I think we all have times when we're "bleh" - that's okay. I'm less quick these days to try and fix or cover them up with food.

I'd like to leave you with a good article: What self care really means

Have a great weekend!

No comments: