Monday, June 07, 2004

The weekend that was

I don’t know about you, but I had a nice weekend. I have gotten a little more perspective on the whole financial thing. I reached acceptance and am ready to deal with it and move on.

We did a whole bunch of stuff around the house – yard work, plus painted and steam cleaned the boy’s room, got his furniture re-arranged…. Just a bunch of stuff! And as an added bonus, not only did all that stuff burn calories, but I ate totally on plan until Sunday night. Hello!!!! That’s like the first weekend in forever – so being good busy helps.

I had a planned treat Sunday night (beer and taco chips) and an unplanned treat at lunch today (wound up having pizza with hubby when we bumped into each other running errands at my mom’s place). Oh well, deal and move on. Eat clean the rest of the week.

My run yesterday was .. long. 10 miles to be precise. I may need new shoes – one foot was hurting. And I was getting tired near the end. But did you read that number? When was the last time I ran double digit mileage. Was it in this lifetime??? I am very proud that I hung in there, even though I was tired the last mile. I rock.

And I will not skip weigh in this week. I had stress, I succumbed for a couple of days, I dealt with it, and now its back to life.

No comments: