The Difference Between Goals and Dreams
Here’s my profound thought of the day (not that I have one every day you understand): The difference between a goal and a dream is that you work toward a goal. I dream about winning the lottery, but it can hardly be considered a goal. For one, I have only so much control over it. But completing a triathlon was a goal for me, I trained for it, and I did it. Lately, weight loss has felt more like a dream than a goal. I’d love for it to happen, but my overall eating hasn’t gotten me closer to achieving it.
After last weekend, there seems to be a subtle shift in both my thinking and my actions. The little things I’m NOT doing (cruising by a co-worker's desk for a piece of candy, eating something because the last thing I ate filled me up but didn’t fill my “enjoyment”) are adding up to help me feel not so out of control. And that’s nice.
BTW, water aerobics was fun. Not nirvana, but fun. On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being sitting on the sofa, 10 being running from an axe murderer), I usually try to work out between a 7 and an 8. I give water aerobics a 6.5 (sometimes down to 6, sometimes up to 7). I will probably do it again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment