Fitness Malaise
I’m bored with my workout routine. Not the weights. Never the weights. I love me some weight training! But cardio is another story. I like the feel of my body working hard and the “high” I get from it, and the calorie burning thing is also nice. But when it comes to cardio, I suffer from “short attention span theater.”
I like an activity for a while, but can’t get “into” it long enough to get really good. Lap swimming is fine, riding my bike is nice (I don’t get to do it as much as I would like!), running has become dullsville, and my recent attempts at rekindling my former love affair with step class have fallen a little short. What’s a girl to do?
Tonight I am going to deep water aerobics, followed by “body pump” – also in the deep water. 75 minutes of what I am assured is a very good workout. Water aerobics gives me visions of matrons in those horrid plastic swim caps with the flowers from the 70’s, but I am going to ignore my own preconceived notion and step into the water-filled box. I’ll keep you posted.
Yesterday:
Exercise: Semper Gumby. I had to pick up the boy and take him to tutoring, so I didn’t get to do anything until a little after 8 when I had finished cleaning the kitchen. I elected to take a walk. A fast walk. I walked for 50 minutes. It felt wonderful! I could have walked for hours, but I had to read to my son and tuck him in. I may have found a new evening routine!
Food: Also very good. I’m doing the kashi cereal and light soy milk thing for breakfast. Snacks are a string cheese with veggies in the morning, and a string cheese with a piece of fruit in the afternoon. Lunches are boca spicy chik patty on whole wheat with more veggies at lunch. Hot veggies – I’m off salads for a while. Dinner last night was lean ground beef made into Salisbury steak type deals, sautéed and I made a little gravy. Mashed “faux-tay-toes” (a mix of mashed potatoes and mashed cauliflower) and creamed spinach. I use a little each of evoo (extra virgin olive oil) and butter, and use skim buttermilk – it comes out nice & thick with a good flavor without adding any extra fat. I ate small-ish portions, cleaned the kitchen, and then went for my walk. So I think I did good.
I saw a box of pizza rolls in the freezer – part of me said “you’ve been good. Why don’t you have some pizza rolls and a beer for a treat? You deserve it!” I told her to blow it out her butt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment