Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Like a salmon swimming upstream

If my attitude were a stream, I’d be the salmon fighting against the current. Everything wants to be about lethargy – “Why go to the gym? Drink a beer on the sofa instead” is the evil chant I hear in my head. I know that doing that won’t get me what I want. So I frantically fight my way against the current of ennui. Why do I suffer this unfocused sense of dissatisfaction?

On the plus side, I walked roughly 5 miles yesterday, ate healthy foods, and finished the housework left from the weekend. Tonight I am going to the gym with hubby, and I will do the elliptical while I am there. I guess I’m just feeling overwhelmed by life, the universe, & everything. It’ll pass I know. We can’t always feel chipper & empowered, but doesn’t it stink when we don’t? :-)

1 comment:

vj said...

Renee stole my words. But hey, it does sound like you're faking it til you make it. We all go through these periods -- hang in there.