Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The nuts & bolts of fat loss

First of all, I love the article over at Renee’s (it's a few items down). In a nutshell, the philosophy is “live like a thin person and your body will follow”. This is the same concept Fred uses in his book (his blog, onefatman, was one of the first I ever read). So I’m trying it. When I go to spinning, I don’t lament that I’m the chunkiest one there. I try to notice the good muscle tone when I’m lifting. I think to myself “If I were maintaining 130 would I eat this?”

Hub needs to do some work on my bike. He has offered to replace my tires with road tires & remove my front shocks. Thus, turning my hybrid a little more “road” bike-esque. In the meantime, I am going to spinning, which is good. I think my cardio was a little too low intensity. Judging from my heart rate & sweatiness, this isn’t a problem with cycling. So, more cycling & less walking.

I had a fabulous 5 mile run Sunday morning. I haven’t written much about running lately because I had gotten a little ho-hum about it. When that happens, I drop back & just do my personal minimum until I get fired up again. Which always happens.

My new cycling shorts came yesterday. They are plain black, which will be perfect with my T-Mobile jersey I plan to get for myself for Christmas. :-)

Food is going well. I’m proud to say I had exactly one beer this entire past weekend (after the week before, I needed a break!). Planned out some yummy dinners for this week – last night was salmon patties, sautéed zucchini, & baked tomatoes. YUM! Food is on target and physically I always feel better when that is the case.

Nothing terribly exciting, but doing the right thing tends to be a series of small steps in the right direction, with a couple of mis-steps from time to time.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I like that, "live like a thin person". That's such great advice. How awesome that you had a great run. Get out on the bike, girl. It'll be fun.

Hey, can you share the salmon patties recipe? Yum!

vj said...

Small steps rock!