The reason for all that angst-ridden mid-life crisis stuff of last weekend.
Stupid hormones. I should have looked at my calendar.
2 days without cardio. I felt lousy (see above) yesterday. I did the toughest chest & back workout I’ve done in forever (it was awesome!), but I had nothing left for spinning class. So I went home & read a book. Thank heavens for 800 mg Motrin.
Weights are excellent, cardio is slacking a bit (must fix that). Food is good. Attitude improving. Which is pretty amazing since my dog is on a new liver medicine which is $100 a month. People! I thought about asking the vet if he could write the prescription for my son so I could use my prescription card *smirk*. Hopefully it’s a temporary measure. Am I the only one that feels like the working middle class of this country can never catch a break?
Things that make me happy today (in no particular order):
1) I can still read cyclingnews.com to find out how Jan does at the tour of Germany!
2) My Chihuahua who lets me clutch her like a teddy bear when I wake up from a bad dream.
3) 800 mg Motrin
4) Books
5) A nice gas grill that my hubby knows how to use. It may be the only cooking the man can do, but he’ll get out there in the snow to make a nice steak!
6) A garden tub (aka “the command center”) in my bathroom
7) Sugar free fudgecicles
8) The best mom in the world
9) My husband at least got half the money his evil former boss owed him.
10) It’s a mere 88 degrees today. I thought I was going to melt yesterday at 103!
11) Lack of buffalo pretzel bites in the vending machine. Someone knew that yesterday I would have purcahsed 5 bags and called them my 5 "mini-meals".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment