Monday, October 03, 2005

“Imeldochka” is back

What can I say? Excellent weekend! Saturday am hubby & I got up at 5:30 and hit the gym. I did 2 sets of a total body circuit, lowering my previous weights. How do you spell “legs”? Oh yeah, D-O-M-S. Sore baby, but in a nice way!

Went shopping with my mom Saturday and bought myself a cute pair of shoes, which I am wearing today. Back in the ‘80s, I loved shoes. My friend Marty used to call me “Imeldochka” – a Russian dimunitive meaning “little Imelda”. Remember Imelda Marcos’ love of shoes???

Anyway, we had a nice time shopping for a few things, and had lunch together. Most stuff was CostCo, fabric shop, etc, as I don’t shop for clothes. But I do love my new shoes. One of my co-workers commented on them, they have a little heel and are more feminine than my usual MO.

I also scored some awesome fabric – I am making new valences in my living room. Yes, I love to sew and do home decorating projects. The fabric is so cool – it will give the room a nice medieval flair, but not in a tacky way. I love it!!! So, I will be making valences next weekend!

What else? Food was pretty good – I ate some junk while watching tv Friday night (oh my god – I cannot believe they ended “Battlestar Galactica” like that!!!), but other than that I did really well, in spite eating out twice. Yay me!

I got up Sunday at 5:45, slipped on the stuff, and headed out the door for an hour of cardio tranquility.

Planned excellent food for the week, walked for 50 minutes this morning, I feel really great.

I’ve been checking myself out in the mirror lately. I’m not real thrilled with what I see. It’s like your girlfriend telling you she’s engaged to that jerk you kept hoping she’d drop. I just wanna hug me, look me in the eye, and say “You deserve better.” Not ugly or negative, just I can do better for myself. I deserve better. My clothes are blah still, although I have done something about the hair & make-up. And the shoes are shaping up! I wanna spruce up this body and clothes (I bought some nice fall slacks last year – the tags are still on them). This isn’t what I want to say about who I am. Does that make sense?

In any case, feeling very good about things right now. It’s all coming back into focus.

1 comment:

Jank said...

I've had the same mirror experience. Motivaton some time.

I'm still waiting to run my tape of BSG - after the way they ended last season, I am kind of worried about this one.