Friday, October 07, 2005

Scale Meltdown - WTF!?!?!

154 - up a pound from last week? WTF!?!? The soy sauce in my homemade stir fry last night (which was over very little rice)? Too much diet Pepsi yesterday? I am a little bitter about that. Ugh.

I did a good job with making healthy choices food-wise this week.

Cardio - 4/7 days. Did not meet my goal of 6/7.

Weights - 2. Did not meet stretch goal of 3, but 2 is good. Still in the process of ramping up the intensity.

Overall, I am a little disappointed. But life goes on. I was tired this week, so I have focused on getting enough rest, and cardio suffered a couple of days. I will do better with my cardio next week. I know the scale is being fickle and that I did well with eating this week. I remind myself that I can control what I eat, but not what the scale says. Sigh. I have a good plan in place for the weekend.

On cooking lentils in the crockpot (for Sarah): the lentils should not be hard. I cook them on low for 8 hours and they are wonderful. 2 things I know of that can lead to hard lentils are 1) if they are old. Buy from someplace you know sells a lot, or buy what you need from a place that sells in bulk 2) if you cook lentils with tomatoes the acid apparently will make them hard. So, add the tomatoes after the lentils have cooked. A good lentil soup is my favorite - hearty, healthy, cheap. Try again - it's worth it!

Have a great weekend - I am going back to score more awesome fabric so I can be a sewing maniac this weekend! Look for pics of new living room valences soon!

2 comments:

m said...

Water, water, water. That flushes out any sodium and water retention. Never eat a WW meal or processed food before getting weighed. Actually eat a lot of veggies and protein leading up to weigh in.

I wish I could sew well. It's actually cheaper for me to buy it. Can't wait to see the valences.

Sarah said...

Sorry the scale has you upset...it's hard not to see the little fluctuations as punishment for not meeting your goals. It's easy to say "oh, don't weigh yourself very often," but for some people, it keeps them focused on their goals. Hang in there! And thanks for the tips on the lentils...knowing our grocery store, I'm sure they were old :-)