Of my new “cult” status
I joined Weight Watchers at work yesterday. I could give you a big spiel about how I’d carefully thought it through and realized that I needed some extra motivation to lose the final few pounds. Which is true, but it’s also true that it was a total spur of the moment decision. I saw the sign for the interest meeting on my way into the building, doubled back for the room number, and showed up.
I know there are several mental barriers to my losing the final bit of weight. I see them. I am hoping the combination of plonking down $$ that is pretty tight right now combined with an extra set of eyes on my scale will be the leg up I need to get me going. We’ll see. My first WW weigh in and meeting is next Tuesday. The leaders generally remind me of reformed alcoholics or something, but the program does work.
I got in 3 30 minute walks yesterday. Food was a little higher than the day before, clocking in at 1500. That’s still below my BMR, so I’m okay with that being my “high end.”
While I am certainly a huge fan of the crock pot, you could make any of these soup recipes on the stove top. For the Indian recipe, I highly recommend you try it even if you don’t like curry. Just leave the curry out! You can always go back and add some Cajun or jerk seasoning blend, or do your own thing. The eggplant is an idea I’d never thought of, but it gives a great flavor and it’s healthy too. What a deal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment