An fyi, and a message from the big cry baby wanna-be
Our company has completed their announced layoffs, and I wasn’t impacted. Yay!
I’m afraid I’m going to have to trim back my evening snack. For the first time, I’m up a bit on the scale during the week. Now, I don’t lose every day, but that increase makes me wonder whether I need to trim back on my evening snack. I’ll try to make something lower in calories next week. Ugh. I will trim it back, but I’m NOT giving up my evening snack!!!
I got a yoga DVD from Netflix yesterday – “Yoga at any size” or some such. I was going to do it this morning. I previewed it yesterday – it was nice to see the poses done by someone 1) larger and 2) not as flexible as the lady in the current DVD I’m using. It gave me a better idea of what I should like while doing the poses. I didn’t like the voice over (why wasn’t the instructor talking us through it?) and the music was the equivalent of new age elevator music, but I do want to try it. After seeing the scale, I went out for a walk instead. I’ll do yoga this afternoon. No, really. Really.
I increased my kettlebell workout yesterday. Oh. My. God. I was doing two sets of work 2 minutes/rest 2 minutes. Yesterday I added a third set, for a total workout time on 12 minutes. I thought I was gonna die. I barely made it through the third set. My back hurt. I sounded like I’d been running from Freddy Krueger. It was HARD! But I love the fact that I can get a super intense workout in a short time, in my own home.
The boy is so heart broken over the Jeep – mom was saving it for him. He really wants to get it fixed. It’s not (probably) the most practical thing to do. He’s had a lot of changes in his life, and he’s always been terribly sentimental, I don’t know. Practical versus what the heart wants. Not sure what my mom is going to decide. He just sat at the table last night and cried. It broke my heart. This is the first time in his life he’s helping make an “adult” decision – and he and my mom are both having a tough time.
Hope you have a good day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment