Progress of the invisible sort
Since I’ve gotten back into a regular exercise routine and gotten back to healthier eating, I’ve seen a number of improvements: the bloat I had constantly over the holidays is gone, I am sleeping better, my sinuses are clear, my heartburn is gone, my clothes are looser, I have more energy in the evenings. Sadly, the scale isn’t moving. That is what gets me so frustrated – when you do everything “right”, yet the scale won’t budge. And all these great things are going on, but I’m mad that I still get so peeved about the scale – like it’s so much more important than all those other improvements.
Gah! What a mind game weight loss is……
There is HUGE progress on the exercise front: just a couple of weeks ago I started out walking the “short” loop. One day I missed a morning walk, so I “doubled up” in the afternoon and walked the medium loop (which is roughly twice the distance of the small loop). It was tough, but I did it! I was so excited I called my husband. :-) I am now walking the medium loop regularly, sometimes more than once per day. And I am back to walking at lunch time with my walking partner here at work. So, I’ve gone from “zero” to “significant” on the exercise front!
This morning I did an abridged version of my already abbreviated kettlebell routine. I was still pretty stiff from the other day – I did enough to get those muscles firing and warmed up. I didn’t hurt myself, but if I’m still sore after 2 days, then I did a little too much. I just get so excited about weights – I’d forgotten how much I love the feeling of lifting weights. I also walked the medium loop – it was 35 degrees, so not too bad!
There’s been a lot of improvement on the food front as well. I am almost always consistent about preparing a healthy breakfast and lunch to bring to the office. That had slipped a bit over the holidays, but that is generally quite consistent. But I’d let the evening snacking and weekday beer creep back in – not good. Both affect my sleep. I now have a planned snack and a non-alcoholic beer. I feel much better in the evenings – and in the morning when I’ve gotten a good night’s sleep!
I just need to stay focused on all the positive improvements and how much better I’m feeling and have faith that the scale will follow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I know from personal experience that you will have weeks where you do everything right, but the scales don't show it. Don't despair, the following week will usually result in weight loss. If not, well you need to adjust input (calories) or output (calorie burning). An EHTS day works wonders for me. (Eat Half The Serving).
Post a Comment