Too much of a good thing
This morning, I brought in a 2.5 cup Tupperware full of steel cut oatmeal and fruit. I would guess 1 cup fruit and 1.5 cups oatmeal. Too much! I ate maybe 2/3 of the oatmeal over a period of time and I am done! The rest will go in trash. A shame, but it makes no sense to overeat it either.
I am using this yoga dvd at home currently: http://www.askyogimarlon.com/dvd-beginner.html
I have done the 2 beginner and the strength segments. The strength segment is hard! After reading her web site, I get the impression that you are supposed to do them in order, and do one until it becomes not too difficult, then move on to the next. Oops! I want to mix these up with my stretch video: Tamilee Webb’s “Beginners Stretch for Flexibility”. So, maybe I will do Beginner 1 of yoga 4 times, then do the stretch. Hmmm. This yoga is not coming easily!
Progress on the yoga and kettlebell fronts feels slow – maybe because I am starting out at such a novice level. Walking is progressing more quickly – the 1 mile loop is becoming much easier and I have begun to pick up the pace. I did walk yesterday afternoon – it was quite cold, but the roads were dry. This morning it was 17, so I just stuck to yoga!
The scale this morning showed the weekend pound “weight gain” gone, plus 0.6 additional pounds along with it. Yay! I guess tomorrow will be my “official” weigh day since I won’t be here Friday.
I made this last night for dinner:
Stuffed Eggplant
2 large eggplants
1 pound Italian turkey sausage without cases (I used breakfast sausage cause that’s what I had – I think ground beef or turkey would also work)
1 pkg of baby bella mushrooms, chopped (or white, whatever)
Shredded cheese (I used cheddar/Colby)
2 large onions, diced or chopped
1 cup chicken stock, heated
3 cups herb-seasoned dressing cubes (I used Peppridge Farms cornbread)
garlic powder and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Slice in half and cook the 2 large eggplants. (I did this over the weekend and then stuck them in the fridge until last night.)
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Saute mushrooms, onions, and sausage with in a skillet. Add garlic powder and some pepper. Once the sausage is cooked, add the chopped innards of the eggplant.
Now stir in the dressing cubes and the hot chicken stock. Stir very gently. Pam a casserole dish (rectangle works best) and place the eggplant “shells” on the bottom. Cover with the mixture (mine seriously overflowed the eggplant, so I just filled the casserole) and top with grated cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until hot & cheese is melted.
I served this with just a salad and it fed me, the hub, and 2 teenage boys (with leftovers!) If you’re doing low carb, you could leave out the stuffing and broth and you’d still have a lot of food. The boy claimed he “hates” eggplant, so he left the purple shell, never wondering what happened to all the insides! Heh heh heh
This was really good and the guys asked me to make it again – and I will!
Hub is on the mend – he stayed home from work yesterday, but he went in today. School was running on the regular schedule today, so things around here are back to normal. Tonight I’ve got to get ready for my trip!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The eggplant dish sounds really healthy and delicious.
Post a Comment