Sunday, January 04, 2009

A very nice day

First, thanks for the kinds comments. I knew if I didn't write it down, I'd "hit the fridge" (Which I didn't!)

It ended up being a very nice weekend. We got a lot of things done - the Christmas is down, the house is cleaned, the cars are serviced. I have to say, the best thing that got accomplished was that I made time to sit & talk with my husband.

I mentioned I've been reading a book on happiness. I've realized a couple of things: in 2006, I put on some weight due to stress (that was the last time MIL got fired & she moved in with my mom, I started a new job, hub's business was uneven). Then in 2007 I gained even more weight. That was the year he began working those crazy hours.

The weight isn't the point - it's just a physical symptom. I realized that at some point I fell off my own list of priorities. Forget about doing things that made me happy - things I felt passionate about. I wasn't even taking care of myself! My well was dry and I never filled it. I just became more miserable, but kept doing the same thing, over & over.

No wonder I had a bad attitutde - I spent 2008 being punished - by me! I feel like I'm beginning to get a bit of perspective- like I haven't been noticing and I've finally popped my head up for a look around!

Anyway, when we talked today, hub was totally supportive. He wants to help me make more time for me, and spend more time doing things I enjoy. It felt so good to say those things out loud and have him be positive about what I felt I needed to do.

I wish I'd realized earlier what was going on, but better late than never.

No comments: