Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Testing my resolve

Sorry for not posting yesterday – I was home sick with a cold. I had a splitting headache, luckily by this morning that symptom had gone away. I still feel tired, but am generally on the mend.

I broke through the Sunday 2 pound gain and sent a half a pound along with it. Hurray!

It’s getting cold here in the next day or so – lows in the teens and highs in the low 30s. That means it’s time to put the new workout room (aka “guest bedroom”) to the test. Not sure if I’m up to the kettlebell yet – I’ll walk this afternoon and wait and see how I feel in the morning. Tomorrow may be warm enough to walk – it just depends on when this cold front moves in. I have cardio options that don’t involve going outside, but I haven’t bothered with any of them yet since the weather has (thus far) been bearable. That’s about to change!

I finished my book on “The Structure House Weight Loss Plan” – I highly recommend it. It’s not really a diet book – it’s more about changing your life to reduce your need to use food for non-nutritive reasons. Good stuff. In some ways it reminded me of the Happiness book I’m reading now – several overlaps. Which kinda makes sense if you think about it…..

No comments: