Thursday, January 27, 2011

Checking in

My house is a disaster area, with only the boy’s room unaffected by the work currently underway. Asking “how are you” at work has become a loaded question because you may get a real answer, spending 15 minutes in the ladies room listening to someone’s else’s struggles to decide what to do for their family. I’m not complaining. I met with my boss yesterday, he said I’d seemed down, and I got teary. It’s easy to talk with each other even if we aren’t bffs, because we understand in a way few others can.

Right now my life feels like it’s on hold until my house returns to some semblance of normalcy – I can’t even begin to declutter until stuff is back in place. Making dinner feels like an accomplishment. My plan for the weekend includes trying to find my gym back so I can at least get on the treadmill at work some to help deal with stress. Getting to the Y for classes seems like Mt. Everest.

Within the next 3 or 4 weeks I’ll have a lot more information and we’ll have made a decision. I’m hoping at that point I’ll start feeling a little more like my normal self, instead of living in this weird holding pattern.

1 comment:

John's Weight Loss Blog said...

Our house is trashed too - going to be doing exercising, picking up, throwing away and minimal eating today.