Last night was pretty easy since I didn't get home until nearly 9. I ate enough dinner but knew I might want a second (small) serving when I got home, so I saved a bit. So, zero evening snacking - I wasn't hungry and there wasn't time!
This morning I got up and walked a mile before getting ready for work. It's not for "exercise", it's about getting outdoors, getting some fresh air, and starting the day in a good way. I've been getting up most mornings, I just have forgotten to mention it.
Today's menu: Greek seasoned meatloaf with tomatoes for breakfast again (that's every weekday this week), lunch was leftovers from last night, and dinner was roasted green beans plus some chicken I made in the crockpot.
I put 4 chicken thighs, a can of diced tomatoes (no salt), a can of artichoke hearts, and some sliced kalamata olives, then added some oregano, basil, onion and garlic powder. Easy, and I have enough for a couple of dinners and a lunch.
Observation: I eat a LOT of chicken.
I may or may not weigh on Friday, but I probably will. I've been weighing myself on Fridays for a lot of years and I think its a good habit. I don't weigh myself daily - I am not a person that can do that without beginning to make myself crazy. One or twice a week is enough for me, and I log it in a spreadsheet so I can see trends.
I'm not counting calories, but I weigh my breakfast meat so I know it is portioned correctly - I weigh out about 4 ounces of meatloaf. My chicken thigh in my salad was 5 ounces yesterday and my dressing was 2 T. I'm in the ballpark of around 300-400 calories per meal. My 12 almonds have 83 calories and today I brought strawberries (45 calories). So even if I have something in the evening, I think I'm staying in a good range.
One old habit is that I used to have a small square of dark chocolate after lunch (45 calories). I miss that "signal" that lunch is done. Yesterday I ate a few grapes and today I ate a large strawberry from my afternoon snack. The fruit was sweet enough to signal "lunch is done", so that worked out well!
T25: Yesterday's workout was cardio - which was basically 25 minutes of hard hitting cardio. Today's workout was titled "Speed" and the group's thought was "Then what was yesterday!?!" Today's workout was more like intervals - very fast cardio followed by a short active stretch/ balance segment. I was HARD, but doable, and the 25 minutes goes quickly. Overall I think I will stick with this, although it doesn't have much of a weight component, so I will probably add some weight training back in. But not anything like the Jillian Michaels video which has a cardio component as I think that would be too much work and I'd end up hurt.
Day 2 is nearly done. If needed I have some mixed fruit for an evening snack. I got home later than usual so didn't eat until after 6, so I'm not the least bit hungry.
Have a good day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like a great day/job! Cool beans! :)
Post a Comment