When I purchased 30 day passes for husband and myself at the local Bikram yoga studio, my goal was simple: go as many days as possible. Why? Well, part of it is that I am frugal - I want to get my money's worth! :-) But more importantly, I wanted to see what kind of difference a consistent 30 days of an intense yoga practice could make in my life.
Over the years, I've tried yoga many, many times. My flexibility and balance are both pretty bad, so I know a regular yoga practice would make a difference. I've even managed to go fairly regularly for a while several times, but I never stay with it. So this time I decided to take an "all in" approach and see what happens.
I tell you what: Bikram is hard. Tonight was tough - I was really feeling the heat. But today as yesterday I stayed in the room and attempted every pose!
Hub took MIL home Saturday night, I am here alone dog sitting while my mom is enjoying a stretch of warm weather down at the beach with my son. She's having a great time and I'm glad! You wouldn't think a 19 year old would be glad to have his grandma come stay a few days, but they are very close. I'm so glad she can go visit since I have to work.
I had today off, so I spent some time online looking at job web sites. I also have a meeting with a recruiter later in the week. So, I am doing what I can to make forward progress in that area of my life. I have 10 months left on my contract, so I have time, but you never know what's out there unless you look!
Have a good evening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'vw never gotten into yoga, and I'll share a private little reason why. My sister in law teaches it, and I really don't much care for her (my hubby hates her LOL)...and I wouldn't want to give her the satisfaction. ;)
I've just started Yoga. So far, so good. I applaud your 30 day commitment!! I only committed to 4 sessions--you know, to dip my toes in, so to speak. I'm convinced I'll renew for longer, after.
Excellent planning ahead, btw--with the recruiter!
Gwen, you are too funny! Okay, how about stretching or tai chi or Pilates? Or not! Whatever works for you, works for you!
Sean, it's so excitignn to see you trying so many new things this time. To me, going out there and taking on physicla challenges is maybe th emost fun (although sometimes scary!) part of losing weight!
Post a Comment