Saturday, January 17, 2015

I'm so hot! :-)

First off, that random pound left, and took half a friend with it!  Woot!!  Scale vagaries. :-)

Dropped my car off to get a sensor fix, did hub's food prep for the week, and then we went to our first Bikram yoga class!  90 minutes in a 105 degree room, 26 poses (each done twice).  My goal for today was a simple one: don't leave the room.  I didn't do every pose, there were some I had to sit out.  That's okay. I did the best I could and I stayed in the room.  I am proud of myself, because honestly?  I was scared.

There were people in there that looked like they should be on the cover of "Yoga Journal" magazine.  Beautiful, great yoga, etc.  And then there's chubby, inflexible me.  But I went and I did it and I gave it my best.  And I plan to do the same tomorrow.

I may not write about them all the time, but I certainly do suffer from insecurities.  They have improved with age, but since I regained weight they have tried to creep back.  I'm working on it.

The other thing I'm working on is just letting my feelings be there.  Like yesterday, I was sad.  And then when I got home no one had thawed the fish, so I felt like I couldn't make dinner.  My husband offered to go pick up pizza and beer.  The old me would've jumped at the excuse of no thawed chicken - especially how I was feeling.

Instead he picked up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery and potato salad.  I cooked some broccoli.  not the healthiest meal, but a lot better than pizza and beer.

Okay, off to hang out with friends.  Have a good day!

No comments: