At new job, contractors can only work from home when we have inclement weather. We had some freezing rain and schools were on a delay (or cancelled). I totally took advantage and worked from home. That way I only missed a couple of hours, as opposed to missing half a day due to a dental appointment. Yay!
This morning's breakfast was a total treat: leftover spaghetti! And by spaghetti, I mean zucchini noodles with marinara and meatballs. That was one of my favorite breakfasts in college, and it was nice to enjoy it again today!
Not everyone in the house eats the way I do, so sometimes I may make dinners that have no grains, other nights I may make pasta or brown rice on the side (like I did last night). Mom had both types of noodles (zucchini and pasta), MIL had pasta. And I really enjoy finding recipes or meal ideas that hit the flavor notes I enjoy. And I'm good enough in the kitchen that adapting recipes to suit my way of eating (marinara with no added sugar for example) is pretty easy.
The cough syrup helped tremendously last night! I still coughed a little, but it was so much better!
Oh, scale was the same again today. I don't generally lose 2 days in a row, so I thought yesterday might be a fluke, so I was happy to see no change this morning! :-)
I tried a new class at the Y tonight, called "Pound" described as "Fat-burning cardio, lean sculpted muscles, and interval training while rocking out a workout using Ripstix." Those would be drum sticks. It was fun, a little too jumpy and twisty for me though. Not to mention requiring way more coordination that I possess!
:-)
My (former) trainer was in the class (she told me about it), so we got to catch up a bit. It was nice to change it up! Talked to the husband, definitely starting yoga this weekend!
So, my MIL had her eye surgery today and is now over here, recovering. She seems okay, but she has a giant patch on, and of course her eye hurts. People: take care of yourself. Diabetes and the damages blood sugar causes to your body is no joke!
Have a nice evening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
yikes, hope her recovery (for all of you) is fast. :)
I have yet to try zucchini noodles.
Pound sounds intense and fun!
Hope you guys feel better soon!
It was fun! I have a spiralizer, but its in storage so I just used an old vegetable peeler to make them. It's a nice change from plain old chopped!
Post a Comment