Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Short & sweet

I'm tired, so I'm keeping this short.  Dinner was nice, stuck to my plan.  My friend ordered a really great beer (local, well, from Asheville).  I had a sip, but didn't order my own.

Too much to do tomorrow evening.  Ugh! Workout, pack, plan meals & make grocery list, and shower post yoga of course!  It was terrific to see my friend K, but there is a reason I don't normally do social stuff during the week.

I guess that sounds kinda bad - I do enjoy being social.  I just really like my routines and right now I'm in such a good groove with working out that taking a night off (like tonight) makes me feel "off".  I know I need to get over that - being flexible is a good thing.  I'm just not naturally inclined that way - I thrive on structure and routine.  Hey - I'm a mathematician! :-)

I will leave you with this funny:


2 comments:

Gwen said...

I thrive on structure and routine too, except weekends. then I like to be free as a bird. :)

neca said...

For me, in the "bad old days" free as a bird generally translated to "eating everything not nailed down and hoping the scale didn't go up too much!"

Now I like a balance - down time yes, but not too much or I get bored and then food becomes entertainment. Uh, no!!!!