Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Just Whoa.

Do you ever have one of those days where there is just so much that you are left with your head spinning?  So that was my day yesterday.

In no particular order:

1. Smelled burning plastic in the kitchen.  One outlet was VERY hot.  The circuit it is on has a fuse that is too big, so instead of shutting off it was overheating.  We moved most things off that circuit until we can get new fuses and replace that outlet.  Scary.  Oh, and we hadn't bought a fire extinguisher since we moved in - but we have one now.

2. The saga of 1 million excuses (aka "why my tenant has been trying to buy the house since May but hasn't closed the deal") continues. The latest is that we expected situation #9572 to be resolved this week, nope looking at 3 more weeks or so as a best case scenario.  I've dropped the price again.  I'm getting lots of showings, but I'm near the end of my financial and emotional ropes. I have too much equity to just walk away, but ARGH!!!

3. Did get a call about a potential job, and a callback for an interview next week.  The bad news is that it's 3-4 hours per day in commute time unless I find a place to stay during the week down in Charlotte. Still.. see my "near the end of my financial rope" comment above. So if the company seems good and it seems to be a good fit I will take it.  Maybe if I prove myself they will be open to some flexibility?

4. Got a message from my ex husband's now ex girlfriend. (Did I mention he dumped her on Christmas day, but is locked into a lease so is sharing a house with her and her 6 year old daughter until June? And has taken up with someone else he's known for a MONTH and they are trying to have a baby??). "I am truly sorry if I every caused you any pain. When S and I started seeing each other, he told me you guys were over. So I never thought that he was cheating on you. The shoe is on the other foot now and I see how I probably hurt you."  No shit, you've known me for like 20 years and you take up with my husband of 15 years and you think I might find that hurtful?  Don't worry - I took the high road, which happens to be the truth and told her she did me a huge favor and I am much happier now that I was with him.  Oh, and I swear the people I know that do live in a trailer park don't act half as white trashy as my ex.  Sheesh!  Thank you lord I'm out of that insanity!!!    

Ugh.  Just .... ugh.  Some good, some bad, but too much roller coaster and not enough kiddie ride! :-O

No comments: