Weight: I gained 2.2 pounds last week, lost 2 this week. Hormones? Poor choices? Yes to both, but I seem to have course corrected. It's scary how 1 or 2 evenings of poor choices has such an impact.
As I said, the house deal fell through. then my tenant came back and said she was ready to close. Since I don't really trust her or her realtor (believe me, I have reason not to), my realtor asked for that in writing from the lender (which we got). So we are giving her until the middle of next week, at which point I go back to the low ball but at least in the park offer and see where that goes. I need this to be over.
I had a phone screening interview yesterday. It was with HR, but it was an interview. I think it went well and I expect to get an in person interview with the hiring leader. They have just started the interviewing process, but I think I would be a good fit for the job. Fingers crossed!
I am still considering the possibility of opening my own bookkeeping business, but right now I would like the security of a regular, full time job. We would like to get our finances in better shape and make decisions from a solid financial foundation. T took a significant pay cut when he took his current job. It was the right choice - his old company is in a mess and he'd have been laid off by now almost certainly. And of course his commute was a nightmare. But we are not getting by on just his income.
Getting back out there for a job has been just as hard as dipping my tow into the dating pool was. I was pretty badly burned at my last job - it was a nightmare.
I was given a team of 5 people: 2 worked in other locations and basically did what they wanted. One told me she couldn't stay past 3:30 on Fridays because her personal training appointment was at 4. Of the 3 in my location, one was a drama queen, one was the former manager who had been demoted, and one was a younger girl with anger management issues who didn't want to work her schedule but her daddy had been with the company 30+ years. I was working 50-60 hour weeks and held responsible for anything that went wrong, but not given any authority to fix it.
My intent was to stay until school started back just so there would be vacation coverage but they let me go 2 weeks before that (shooting themselves in the foot, but hey). The job they described when I was hired and the job I was doing were 2 totally different things. They expected me to fix stuff they all knew was broken, but given no tools to do so. The environment was hostile and unpleasant and full of back stabbing. It was such a relief when I packed up my stuff I never even cried even though it was the first time in my life I'd ever been fired. Mostly I was just grateful it was over. It reminded me eerily of how I felt when my husband left: relief. I felt like I'd just escaped an abusive relationship because in a way I had.
Still and all, the self esteem takes a beating in that instance and it was frustrating because I knew I was a good project manager and the way that team was, I'm not sure anyone could succeed in that role until the higher ups made some hard choices. So I knew it wasn't me, it was a poor fit and a bad situation. But still. And of course recruiters hear you were fired and don't really want to work with you, so that's been hard.
OTOH, this has given me time to work on the house, do things I wanted, think about what I truly want to be doing, just given me some breathing room. So overall, the break has been a tremendous blessing. And thankfully we have been able to manage even though things have been tight. Always have an emergency fund!! You never know when you might need it!
Take care and TGIF!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yessss! always have an emergency fund and batch cooking in the freezer that is on your food template. BOTH have saved me this week, trip to the vet, road closures at work. MAX stress, but no excuses. Binge eating will not help me.
Onward. Here's to sticking to your food template. The stress will pass, for both of us. Take care.
Post a Comment