When I called T to let him know I was on the way home, he told me he'd forgotten to thaw the steaks and that they were frozen solid. My suggestion was to thaw the spaghetti (meat) sauce we'd planned to eat tonight and save the steaks. So last night was spaghetti and tonight will be steak. Even a month ago we might have been tempted to just go out. Maybe that was the response he was hoping for - I dunno. I do know that eating at home is not only cheaper, but it's SO much easier for me to stay on track.
Other than dinner, the rest of my food is the same as yesterday except sub out leftover Asian meatball soup for the potato leek at lunch.
I've lost 3 pounds over the last 2 weeks, which feels like a pretty good rate.
I thought I'd share this image - I really like the message:
I'd also like to share an article I read on CNN. It's about a follow-up study on people who had been on the Biggest Loser, and differences between the groups that kept off weight and those that did not: Biggest Loser Study
The interesting take away from the study (to me) is that diet is more critical while losing weight, but it isn't enough to keep it off - you need to incorporate a good amount of regular exercise, which meshes with what I read on the blogs of maintainers. Even if their activity is regular movement and not planned exercise per se, they are still physically active. To that end, I am trying to stand more at work, take walk breaks, and exercise at lunch most days.
We will be out of the house most of the day Sunday for a business meeting of our re-enactment group - the meeting is 2 hours away. Ugh. We are both officers and I wasn't there last month due to the Georgia trip, so I really need to go. So Saturday is going to be slam full.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That's very smart. I'm a 5.75 year maintainer after 40 years of obesity and binge eating.
I can tell you that I had to change my food template 85% of my maintaining success, 5% is time restricted eating, and 10% is my activity level.
Very interestingly, doing hours of cardio on a machine does not work for me- never did. In maintenance- long walking 60 mins at a moderate pace, doing stairs sprints and 2X gym upper body work outs (short but heavy) and picking active hobbies ( sea glass hunting, bird watching, photography) really add.
Yes, movement matters, moving more at your workplace WILL make a difference. Putting my headphones in and stair sprinting once an hour or two at work has added to my core strength and no doubt my mobility, leanness and overall weight maintenance. Onward and bravo!!!
Thanks for taking time to comment Karen! I read your blog regularly - it is so encouraging to be reminded regularly that normal people lose weight and keep it off!
What I am doing now is working for now, and it feels like something I can maintain. My eating habits have changed over the years and if they need to morph to continue to lose and one day maintain, then I'm fine with that as well. I can use what I did in the past as an idea, but I need to recognize that I'm not the same, so the same things might not work this go round.
Post a Comment